Safeguarding/Child Protection at St Charles VC Academy
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children, their families and carers have a role to play in safeguarding children
If you have any concerns about the health, safety, wellbeing of a child at the academy, or feel that something may be troubling them, you should share this information with one of our Safeguarding Team above.
This may be done verbally in the first instance but always be followed up by completing a cause for concern form, available from the Designated Safeguarding Team above.
In the unlikely event of the Designated Safeguarding Officers not being available the matter should be reported directly to the Local Authority Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH) 01482 448879
or Police/ Family Protection Unit.
Out of school hours and during school holidays:
- If your concern is urgent and there is an immediate risk of harm, then contact the police.
- If your concern is less urgent but you are worried about the welfare of the child, then contact the Early Help and Safeguarding Hub on 01482 448879 or the out of hours Emergency Duty Team on 01482 300304.
The school adheres to the Hull Safeguarding Children’s Board Child Protection guidelines. A copy if available from the designated safeguarding team.
We are an Operation Encompass school.
Operation Encompass is a unique Police and Education early intervention safeguarding partnership which supports children and young people exposed to domestic abuse.
PEER ON PEER ABUSE
Here are some useful and educational links on Peer on Peer abuse:
- Peer on Peer Abuse | The Education People
- What You Need to Know About Peer-on-Peer Abuse | TheSchoolBus (hub4leaders.co.uk)
- Protecting children from peer-on-peer sexual abuse | NSPCC Learning
- What is peer-on-peer abuse? - Ofsted: schools, early years, further education and skills (blog.gov.uk)
- Advice on key topics - Childnet
Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2021
Statutory guidance for schools and colleges on safeguarding children and safer recruitment
Our Safeguarding Policy can be found below: