Statements To Live By
Our Mission Statement
“We accept the mission of Jesus… to share, learn and love to our fullest potential”
Each week, at St Charles’, we have a different statement to live by which helps us live our life as Jesus taught us to. We discuss these in class and have a Liturgy based around these each week.
Please ask your child about what they have learned about.
• We are all special.
• I can say one good thing about myself.
• I can say how I feel.
• I can laugh and have fun.
• I know what to do if I see anyone being hurt.
• I understand that rights match responsibility.
• I try to stand up for myself and others without hurting others
• I try to be just and fair.
• I can tell you how I look after myself.
• I think before I make choices that affect my health.
• I can work, play, rest and pray each day.
• Simple things can make us happy.
• I try to love others as I love myself.
• I try to follow our school and classroom rules.
• I know I belong in a community that includes my school.
• I know we are happiest when we are united.
• I listen to what you say.
• I show that I am listening to you.
• I co-operate with others in work and play.
• I try to use words that make the world a better place. (Please, sorry, thank you)
• I try to appreciate the beauty and the wonder in the world around me.
• I know that it is ok for me to make mistakes.
• I can learn from my mistakes and failures.
• I try to keep going when things are difficult and not give up hope.
• I know what humility means.
• I know when to ask for help and who to ask for help from.
• I can recognise comfortable and uncomfortable feelings.
• I know how to help others when they are in trouble.
• I understand what trust means
• I try to forgive people when they hurt me.
• I try to accept forgiveness from others.
• I know how to show I am sorry.
• I understand the importance of peace.
• I know what human dignity means and I show that I respect others.
• I stand up for people who are being treated unfairly.
• I notice that we are the same and we are different.
• I try to be accepting of others.